Have a Question?
Please do not hesitate to leave us a message. We will make sure to get back to you as soon as possible.
HANDS: What is the HANDS Program?
The Health Access Nurturing Development Services (HANDS) program is a free voluntary home visitation program for new and expectant parents. Families begin by meeting with a HANDS Parent Visitor who will discuss any questions or concerns about pregnancy or a baby’s first years. Based on the discussion, all families will receive information and learn about resources available in the community for new parents. Some families will receive further support through home visitation. That’s right, information brought right to the home.
Who Can Participate?
Pregnant moms and/or expecting dads and families with babies under 3 months old, who reside in Boyle, KY can participate. If a family adopts a baby before the baby is 3 months old, they can participate.
When do HANDS Services Begin?
Services can begin during pregnancy or anytime before a child is 3 months old.
Why Participate in HANDS?
- Parents are the most important people in a baby’s life.
- Parents are the first and most important teachers a child will ever have.
- Parenting is a very demanding job, and all parents have worries, questions and stress.
What Can Parents Expect?
- Support through your pregnancy and the early years of your baby’s life
- Ways to make your home safer for your baby
- Information on how to care for your baby
- Facts that will let you know your baby is growing and developing in healthy ways
- Activities that you and your baby can enjoy together that can stimulate your child’s brain development
- Access to other community services
What are the Main Goals of HANDS?
- Healthy pregnancies and births
- Healthy child growth and development
- Healthy, safe homes
- Self-sufficient families
Please contact us if you would like more information about this program.
Contact: Kathy Perkins, HANDS/MCH Supervisor
Phone: 859-236-2053, ext. 126
Email: [email protected]
For more information see the Kentucky HANDS Website: http://www.kyhands.com/
For more information, please submit this form and we will get back to you shortly.
Please do not hesitate to leave us a message. We will make sure to get back to you within 48 hours.