Kentucky Department for Public Health Amended Immunization Regulation
Have a Question?
Please do not hesitate to leave us a message. We will make sure to get back to you as soon as possible.
• Schools being on or after July 1, 2018 require:
2-Dose series of hepatitis A vaccine (Age: 12 months through 18 years)
Quadrivalent meningococcal vaccine (MenACWY) booster dose (Age: 16 years and older)
• Routine certificate reviews are to occur at enrollment in a day care center, kindergarten, seventh grade, eleventh grade, and twelfth grade (only for the 2018-2019 school year); new enrollment at any grade; upon legal name change; and at a school required examination
pursuant to 702 KAR 1:160.
• All vaccines administered are printed on the Commonwealth of Kentucky Certificate of Immunization Status now including immunizations not required for school entry.
• A Commonwealth of Kentucky Certificate of Immunization Status printed from the Kentucky Immunization Registry (KYIR) does not require a signature.
• Religious exemptions shall be documented on a signed and notarized Commonwealth of Kentucky Parent or Guardian’s Declination on Religious Grounds to Required Immunizations. There will be a space for the parent or guardian to initial each specific immunization they are choosing to decline.
• Homeschooled children are required to submit a current immunization certificate to participate in any public and private school activities.
• Out-of-state immunization certificates may be accepted if they meet the same age-specific requirements as outlined in this regulation.
• A licensed practical nurse (LPN) designee of a physician, local health department administrator, or other licensed healthcare facility may sign the Commonwealth of Kentucky Certificate of Immunization Status.
Have a Question?
Please do not hesitate to leave us a message. We will make sure to get back to you within 48 hours.