Have a Question?
Please do not hesitate to leave us a message. We will make sure to get back to you as soon as possible.
Radon is a cancer-causing, radioactive gas that comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock and water. Radon gets into the air you breathe through cracks, crevices and openings in the foundation. Radon gas is not visible and has no odor or taste. It is the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the United States, estimated to cause thousands of deaths annually. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths.
Any home not constructed to be radon-resistant may have a radon problem. Nearly one in 15 homes in the U.S. have elevated radon levels.
The only way to determine if you may have a radon issue is to test.
To obtain a free radon test kit, contact Boyle Co. Health Department. 859-236-2053.
Please do not hesitate to leave us a message. We will make sure to get back to you within 48 hours.